Terms and Conditions: Tweed Daily News – Bake Class Giveaway
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be Australian residents and reside in one of the newspaper distribution areas listed below to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age and over to be eligible.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is The Tweed Newspaper Co. Pty Ltd., 13 – 17 Rivendell Drive, Tweed Heads South, NSW 2486. ABN 69 000 006 431. Permit NSW/LTPM/15/00774.
- To enter, Contestants must send an email to email@example.com and tell us in 25 words or less, about their most memorable baking disaster.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however, any contestant can only win once.
- There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- There will be two winners chosen by The Editor of the Tweed Daily News for the best overall email response in 25 words or less. The winners will each receive:
- One (1) copy of the book: Bake Class, retail value $45.00 each (inclusive of GST).
- The winners will be advised on how they can collect their prize.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $90.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be exchanged or sold and can’t be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Saturday March 19, 2016 and closes at 9:00am (AEDT) on Tuesday March 22, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- Entries will be judged on the best overall response to “your most memorable baking disaster”. The 2 winners chosen will be the entries the judge deems to be the best overall responses received from all the entries.
- The draw will take place at Tweed Daily News office, 13 – 17 Rivendell Drive, Tweed Heads South, NSW on Wednesday March 23, 2016 at 9:00am (AEDT). Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone and email after the draw.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Winners will be published in the Weekend Mag on Saturday March 26, 2016 in the following newspapers:
- Daily Mercury (Mackay) Queensland Times (QT) Ipswich
- The Chronicle (Toowoomba) Sunshine Coast Daily (Maroochydore)
- Gympie Times (Gympie) Fraser Coast Chronicle (Maryborough)
- The Morning Bulletin (Rockhampton) Warwick Daily News (Warwick)
- The Observer (Gladstone) The Daily Examiner (Grafton)
- Northern Star (Lismore) News-Mail (Bundaberg)
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person unless the winner is otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm winner identify and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- All prizes must be collected by the winners within 90 days of the draw.
- Uncollected prizes will be placed in an Uncollected Prize Redraw at the Tweed Daily News office, 13 – 17 Rivendell Drive, Tweed Heads South, NSW 2486 on Wednesday June 22, 2016 at 9:00am. Redraw winners will be contacted by telephone immediately after the redraw.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
28. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released to the winner.
29. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
30. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
31. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
33. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.