Terms and Conditions for “Daily News FACEBOOK PROMOTIONs”
The Daily News
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. To enter, Contestants must
1. ‘Like’ The Daily News (http://www.facebook.com/mydailynews.com.au)
2. Enter the promotion through the ‘Win’ tab on The Daily News Facebook page, which will direct you to a competition page on The Daily News website
Contestants may submit more than one entry but may win only one of the prizes
2. Prize: 1 x tickets to events in region
Total of all prizes valued at $100 per week
The prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If the winner is under 18 years the prize may be at the absolute discretion of the Promoter to be awarded to the winner’s parent of guardian. The prize value is exclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competitions commences on Monday each week of 2012 and ends on 5pm Friday each week of 2012. (“Closure Time”). Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
3 Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 years require parents permission to enter
The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winners will be selected by 1st correct answer of question through random draw at or around 12:05pm Friday each week 2012 at The Daily News office and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in The Daily News public notices Saturday each week of 2012 and also on The Daily News Facebook Page. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes will be posted direct to winners. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
8. Entries and privacy: The Promoter collects your personal information to include you in this competition and will disclose the information to others who help us run the competition. We may also use the information to assist us in improving our goods and services and to contact you in the future in regard to our other goods and services. We may share your information with other persons or entities that assist us in performing the above or with another company which provides prizes for the competition. You can contact us to gain access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, PO Box 8060, Maroochydore D.C. QLD 4558.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook
Promoter: Tweed Daily News ACN 000 006 431
Authorised Under NSW Permit No. LTPM/11/00987