AUSTRALIA Day will be a hive of activity with events planned throughout the shire:
- At Salt, the Saltbar Beachbar and Bistro, Salt Village, Kingscliff will have ping pong, live music, and food and drink specials all day long. Contact Juliet Green, General Manager 02 66 745587 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Kingscliff will come to life at Lions Park Marine Pde with an Australia Day Aussie breakfast and flag raising ceremony.The great family day includes a BBQ breakfast and entertainment. Contact Paul Crompton, Coordinator 02 6674 1801 email@example.com
- At Tumbulgum a BBQ breakfast will kick off the day, followed by a flag raising, awards for Tumbulgum citizens, entertainment, displays by Tweed Area Street Rodders, cricket, tennis and novelty events. Contact Brian Breckenridge, Tweed Shire Australia Day Advisory Committee 0266766343 and firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Pottsville Bowling Club will have a flag raising and national anthem followed by a special fun game of mixed bowls for all registered bowlers. A presentation of special awards for achievement, appreciation and participation will follow. Contact Don Macdonald, Organiser 20 66 76 1858 and email@example.com
- Pottsville Beach Sports Club will also have a flag raising and national anthem followed by BBQ and fun events from 9.15am.
- Tyalgum will celebrate with its usual gusto when the community gathers at Norco Park in preparation for the traditional parade.The Australian flag will be hoisted at Tyalgum Hall with the national anthem and a student address. Australia Day awards will be presented after with the traditional cricket match played at Bruce Bartrim Oval. The day's final event will be the Tyalgum Cup Cycle Race starting in front of Tyalgum Store at 2pm.
- Tweed Heads Chris Cunningham Park activities will run from 9am to 11am while Cabarita will mark the day at Bogangar Public School, Tweed Coast Road from 7.30am with a BBQ breakfast, followed by flag raising, awards and Citizen of the Year presentation, kids activities and a fashion parade.
- Please add your community event by using the comments section below