News

Banora Point man injured after pool chemicals explode

A man has been treated at Tweed Hospital after a pool chemical explosion.
A man has been treated at Tweed Hospital after a pool chemical explosion. John Gass

A DANGEROUS chemical explosion that blew up in a man's face yesterday has left him severely injured.

The Banora Point man was rushed to Tweed Hospital with deep lacerations to his chin and above the eyes.

He also suffered serious burns to his face and both eyes from the accident.

Tweed Heads Acting Inspector Jason Dowds said the 45-year-old man was on his driveway mixing chemicals for his pool about 5.45pm.

He shook the bucket which contained chlorine and water and put the lid on.

The lid exploded and made contact with his face causing the serious injuries.

Acting Insp Dowds said the man was not in a critical condition but was transported to a Brisbane burns unit from the Tweed Hospital.

Tweed Heads retained firefighter Mark Lewin said the man was looking after his neighbour's pool for them when the incident happened.

Topics:  banora point, pool chemicals, tweed police


Local Real Estate

finda logo
Featured Real Estate
Superb Waterfront +... AUCTION
Unit 2 2 1
Luxury Residential... $850,000
Apartment 2 2 2
THE PERFECT START! View... Interest above...
Town House 3 2 2
Independence Day! Interest above...
House 6 3 3

Join the Community.

Get your local news, your way.

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.


Marketplace

Special Offers & Promotions

Compare & Save