A LITTLE too much Easter chocolate may have been the culprit in an incident that involving a seven-year-old boy at Banora Point this morning.
NSW Fire and Rescue and the Volunteer Rescue Association were called after the boy got his knee stuck in his bunk bed.
Tweed Heads Station Officer Steve Sharp said the boy's knee was well and truly wedged, despite his mother's best efforts to "grease him up."
However, the boy was freed within two minutes of emergency services arriving.
Two officers were strong enough to pull the bars of the bed apart allowing the boy to slide his knee out.
Mr Sharp said no damage was done to the bed or the boy.
He said perhaps a little Easter chocolate over the weekend meant the boy's knee was just that little bit bigger than normal, causing it to get stuck.
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.