ANOTHER flood warning was issued by the Bureau of Meteorology at 8.55am this morning.
Rainfall into the Tweed River catchment slowed since last night, but large tides and surging river systems resulted in moderate flooding at Chinderah
Murwillumbah was still experiencing minor flooding after the river dropped below its moderate flood level at about 4am this morning.
Chinderah will peak near 1.8m at midday, with the high tide expected to cause moderate flooding.
Here's the latest on river levels, checked about 8.30am:
- Tweed River at Uki- 5.31m and falling
- Oxley River at Eungella - 2.08m and falling
- Tweed River at Murwillumbah- 3.42m and falling
- Rous River at Boat Harbour- 4.82m and steady
- Tweed River at Tumbulgum- 3.05m and falling
- Tweed River at Barneys Point- 1.74m and rising
FloodSafe advice is available at ses.nsw.gov.au. For emergency assistance call the SES on 132 500.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.