News

Fire sparks stove warning

TWEED Heads and Kingscliff fire fighters attended reports of a unit fire at Casuarina Beach on Sunday.

Residents of neighbouring units called fire fighters after noticing smoke coming from one of the units in the complex.

Fire fighters arrived at Casuarina Way about 7.45pm to find food stuff was left on the stove.

A crew entered the unit with breathing apparatus and ventilated the unit.

A Tweed Fire & Rescue spokesman said it was a timely reminder to people not to leave a naked flame or food cooking unattended.

Topics:  blaze, casuarina, fire, firefighters




Looking to sell your property? Post a Property online

Call 1300 136 181 or post your listing online now.


Join the Community.

Get your local news, your way.

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.