MURWILLUMBAH is the only part of the Tweed still to be experiencing rising flood levels, according to new river levels just in.
The Bureau of Meteorology advises that further heavy rain in the Tweed River catchment area will force the flood levels up at Murwillumbah.
It's expected Murwillumbah will hit 5m, that's major flood level, at 6pm tonight.
It's understood Chinderah peaked at 1.7m about 10.30am, with the high tide combining to cause moderate flooding.
Here's the latest on the river heights, as of about 12.30pm today:
- Tweed River at Uki, 9.33m and steady.
- Oxley River at Eungella, 6.36m and falling.
- Tweed River at Murwillumbah, 4.41m and rising.
- Rous River at Boat Harbour, 2.68m and steady.
- Tweed River at Tumbulgum, 2.68m and steady.
- Tweed River at Barneys Point, 1.58m and falling.
FloodSafe advice is available at www.ses.nsw.gov.au
For emergency assistance call the SES on telephone number 132 500.
For life threatening emergencies, call 000 immediately.
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.