NO action will be taken against the man charged with stabbing four-time women's surfing champion Stephanie Gilmore for breaching a good behaviour bond by committing the attack.
When Julius Fox attacked Ms Gilmore with a metal bar outside her Tweed Heads unit in December 2010 he was on a good behaviour bond for previous offences.
Ms Gilmore sustained a head wound and a fractured wrist as a result of the attack.
Yesterday at Lismore Local Court, Magistrate R Denes elected to take no action against 27-year-old Fox for breaching the bond as she said he had already served two years in custody over the attack.
Fox, who didn't appear in court yesterday, was to face charges of behaving in an offensive manner in a public place and having custody of a knife in a public place.
Magistrate Denes agreed with Mr Fox's defence solicitor Cameron Bell that the time his client had spent in custody would cover the sentence for those charges.
"He will likely be on some sort of parole situation," Magistrate Denes said.
The final orders in the Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) against Fox were put in place by Magistrate Denes.
The police prosecution argued there should be a two-year AVO in place due to the seriousness of the offences.
But Magistrate Denes put in place a 12-month AVO.
Fox will be sentenced on the charges of recklessly wounding a person and assault occasioning actual bodily harm over the attack on Gilmore at Lismore District Court on August 16.
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.