ROADS are closed across the shire as heavy rain and damaging winds sweep the Tweed.
Residents are advised to not cross flooded roads and to avoid driving unless absolutely necessary.
The following roads are closed:
- Clothiers Creek Rd- Road flooded to Murwillumbah use Pacific Highway via Chinderah.
- Kyogle Rd- Road closed at Byangum Bridge.
- Queensland Rd - flooded at Murwillumbah Showground.
- Pottsville Rd- Road flooded.
- Tweed Valley Way- flooded.
- Cudgen Rd turnoff- flooded.
- Wooyung Rd- flooded, use Pacific Hwy.
Tweed police have also warned that Chinderah Bay Dr, between Chinderah Tavern and Wommin Bay D,r has water across the road.
For more information on road closures across the Tweed head to myroadinfo.com.au
For emergency assistance call the SES on telephone number 132 500.
For life threatening emergencies, call 000 immediately.
For further road information contact your Tweed Shire Council.
For the latest weather forecast see bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/
For latest rainfall and river level information see bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/
Got a photo to share of flooding in Tweed? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.