MY 19-year-old son Scott was given a staffy puppy a few years ago while I was undergoing treatment for breast cancer as a way for him to focus on something good instead of worrying of losing his mother.
Recently the staffy (named Bandit) was bitten on the throat by a large brown snake. Within 20 minutes he was partly paralysed but at the vet's receiving antivenin. Bandit recovered well - then the thought of the bill hit us. I phoned the vet to get an idea of the amount, very nervous, as paying was going to be a problem.
He said a lady had paid the bill, as she had been nearby when the panic was on and had realised my son could not afford it and seen how distressed he was at the thought of losing his best mate. I was astounded at such generosity and must say the biggest thank you to this wonderful lady. Bless you, you have restored faith in human kindness: from the bottom of our hearts, thank you. I get goosebumps whenever I recall the story. Your generosity has blown us away
Julie and Scott Barr, Mullumbimby
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.