A CAMPAIGNER for the restoration of the rail line from Murwillumbah to Casino wants to know what happened to a $2 million study into the line's viability that was due for release last year.
The NSW Government allocated the funds in the 2011 budget.
Trains on our Tracks (TOOT) president Karin Kolbe said she has not heard a word from the North Coast minister Don Page about the study despite the report being expected at the end of last year.
"People keep asking me when trains will be running," Ms Kolbe said.
"People are asking if the local members are really committed to rail transport."
Would you use a train between Murwillumbah and Casino?
This poll ended on 15 January 2013.
Yes - 65%
No - 34%
This is not a scientific poll. The results reflect only the opinions of those who chose to participate.
Ms Kolbe said the NSW Government started the study.
"As far as I know the government is still considering it," she said.
"They have always said it would be finished by the end of the year."
The minister, Tweed MP Geoff Provest and Lismore MP, representing Murwillumbah, Thomas George was unavailable for comment on Tuesday.
At the time the finding was announced in July 2011 Mr Provest said he hope the study would begin before the end of that year.
"I think that the fact there are funds for an in-depth study show our commitment to the plan," Mr Provest said at the time of the funding announcement.
ED'S NOTE: Thanks for all the comments below. There seems to be some interest in the photo. I've checked back in our archives and you're quite right, that was Geoff Provest to the side of the photo. Here's another frame from the shoot to ponder. Mr Provest is four back from the front. Best regards, Mikarla Marsden
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.