TWEED detectives are yet to decide whether or not to release CCTV footage from an armed robbery at the National Australia Bank in Tweed Heads South on Tuesday.
The decision to release images of the man responsible for the attack would be a last resort, made only if all other leads had been exhausted.
Inspector Gary Cowen confirmed this morning that the investigation was ongoing and an arrest was yet to be made.
Initial police reports describe a Caucasian man aged about 23 or 24, 180cm tall with a medium build.
The man entered the National Australia Bank on Minjungbal Dr around 10am armed with an "object."
He threatened staff and obtained a small amount of money before fleeing the bank leaving no one physically injured.
He then ran into Tweed City Shopping Centre and disappeared.
Inspector Brad Stewart said police were investigating but were not prepared to release details about the weapon.
"We've viewing CCTV of the bank and Tweed City," Insp Stewart said.
"Anyone who was near the bank or Tweed City around 10am who saw anyone acting suspiciously should contact us immediately."
If you have any information that could assist police contact Tweed Heads Police Station on 07 5536 0999 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.