TWO men arrested in a Newcastle motel last night in relation to four armed robberies at Banora Point, Lismore and Casino have been refused bail after appearing in a Newcastle court today, according to Newcaslte Herald.
Matthew Pinari, aged 24, of no fixed address, and Matthew Green, 34, of Mulli Mulli Road, Woodenbong, Northern NSW, were taken into custody outside the Brunker Road business about 6.20pm.
Both men were charged over five armed robberies on the north coast;
• A sandwich shop on Ballina Road, Lismore, on 22 January 2013(knife allegedly used)
• A takeaway shop at Banora Point on 26 January 2013 (handgun allegedly used)
• A video store with at Banora Point on 28 January 2013 (handgun allegedly used)
• A hotel in South Lismore on 31 January 2013 (handgun allegedly used)
• A credit union in Casino on 4 February 2013 (handgun allegedly used)
The pair did not apply for bail and their matters were adjourned to February 19 at Lismore Local Court for mention.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.