WHo are the Tweed's best athletes?
We want you to decide between ten athletes who are close if not at the top of their chosen sport. If we missed anyone then let us know in the comments.
Our resident sport gurus have narrowed the list down to the top ten local athletes, but your help is required to name the top five.
The top five list selected by you, the readers, will appear in a two page feature alongside our sport editor's top picks on Saturday, March 16.
With such great local exports the voting is set to be ultra competitive:
- Joel Parkinson - Parkinson is the current world ASP champion. He has won 11 elite ASP World Title events, plus nine additional ASP tour events, and achieve runner-up second place to the ASP World Title four times. A win at the final ASP Wold Tour event at Banzai Pipeline for 2012 secured his first world title.
- Mick Fanning - Fanning is a dual world champion having won the ASP championship in 2007 and 2009. Last year Fanning won the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach and Billabong Pro Teahupoo.
- Stephanie Gilmore - Stephanie Gilmore has won five world ASP titles including 2012. Last year Stephanie has won Roxy Pro Gold Coast, TSB Bank NZ Surf Festival, and the Roxy Pro in France.
- Matthew Butturini - Butturini is a member of the Australia men's national field hockey team who won a gold medal at the 2010 Men's Hockey World Cup and a gold medal at the 2011 Men's Hockey Champions Trophy. He also represented Australia at the 2012 London Olympics where he won bronze.
- Beau Nixon - Nixon is considered one of Australia's best stand-up paddleboarders. Nixon finished 16th in the world tour last year.
- Sam Gilbert - Gilbert is an AFL player for St Kilda Saints. He has played for the Saints since his debut in 2006 after being picked up number 33 in the 2005 draft.
- David Hale - Hale is an AFL player for Hawthorn Hawks since 2011 and played in the 2012 AFL grand final. He started his career with North Melbourne Kangaroos and was the leading goal kicker in 2008 with 37 goals.
- Kelvin Kerkow - Kerkow has a long list of achievements in lawn bowls. His greatest achievements included overcoming childhood disease, Welsh Master Singles winner 2004, World Indoor Pairs champion 1996, Welsh Master Invitation champion 1997 and Pacific Games Singles gold medallist in 1995.
- Ryan James - James is a rugby league player for the Gold Coast Titans since 2010. James played in the 2011 All Stars match, coming off the bench for the Indigenous All Stars.
- Lara Davenport - Davenport is an Australian Olympic swimmer specialising in the 200m freestyle. At the 2008 Australian Swimming Championships she qualified for the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing as a member of the 4 × 200 m freestyle relay squads by coming fourth in the individual event. That team went on to take gold at the Beijing Olympics.
- Have we forgotten somebody? Let us know in the comments section below.
*Due to a technical issue, we've had to create a new poll. Don't worry - your vote in the old poll hasn't been lost. We will combine the votes from both polls.