Conference & Events Coordinator
We are looking for a full-time Conference & Events Coordinator at Osteria.
Alongside Taverna Kingscliff, The Bombay Cricketers Club in Salt, Ancora on the Tweed River and recently opened Baked at Ancora, Osteria is one of the five venues that make up the PLB Group.
Osteria is one of the Tweed Coasts leading wedding venues with over 250 weddings a year and other functions, you are guaranteed to be kept on your toes all year around.
The Conference and Event Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the dedication of all function staff to the concept of quality and bright, helpful service through:
• Promotion of the venue, its service and selling our capabilities;
• Liaising and working with prospective and current clients to create memorable experiences;
• Inducting, training, appraising and coordinating staff;
• Building productivity and morale
• Enforcing occupational health & safety, as well as hygiene;
• Ensuring the appropriate presentation of staff and the venue, and ensuring maintenance matters are handled in a timely matter in coordination with other managers; and
• Enforcing financial management control of functions and events in coordinating with other managers.
• Previous experience in functions and events, preferably five years experience
• At least Diploma level qualifications in Event Management or other related field preferred;
• Ability to plan, manage and implement functions and events of various sizes (from work functions to weddings);
• Mature and enthusiastic attitude, with focus on creating memorable experience possible for customers;
• Ability to promote functions and events;
• Ability to lead a team and manage performance of team members;
• Exceptional time management and planning skills, including staff management and budgeting;
• Great customer service skills, with ability to handle complaints;
• A problem solver with the ability to work under pressure;
• Confident and able to negotiate with persuasion; and
• Be passionate about great food and exceptional service, with knowledge of wine and spirits.
What do we offer?
The successful applicant will be remunerated between $56,000.00 to $60,000.00 depending on the applicant, plus superannuation.
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including training from leading providers. Did I mention the group discount (up to 50% off) that you are entitled to as well!
Are you the perfect candidate? We can’t wait to hear from you!
Please forward an up to date resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org