A HARBOUR Dr building block was evacuated early this morning after a fire gutted a third floor unit.

NSW Fire and Rescue crews received the call at 2.20am and arrived at the scene about 2.30am.

According to a NSW Fire and Rescue Media spokesman, the unit was well alight by the time two crews from Coffs Harbour and one from Sawtell arrived.

He said the unit was severely damaged despite crews getting the blaze under control "quickly".

The spokesman said crews were "blacking out" the fire at 2.45am.

It is understood the fire was caused by an unattended candle.

Police attended the scene and helped evacuate about 50 residents from the building.

NSW Ambulance paramedics were also at the scene.



Tweed rallies to help sick Caitlin

Tweed rallies to help sick Caitlin

Can you spare a few dollars?

How to save $200 on your electricity bill

How to save $200 on your electricity bill

Slash your power bill and reduce your impact on the environment

Local Partners