BOM issues weather warning
Locations which may be affected include Lismore, Grafton, Tenterfield, Glen Innes, Tweed Heads, Murwillumbah, Byron Bay, Ballina, Casino, Kyogle, Yamba and Maclean.
Prior to 4pm 2-4cm hail was reported in the Murwillumbah area.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
- Keep clear of fallen power lines.
- Unplug computers and appliances.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
- For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 7:45 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218.