Boy charged over alleged Sydney Opera House bomb scare

A BOY has been charged after alleged threats made on social media led to the Sydney Opera House being evacuated last week.

Police learnt of the alleged threat about 10.50am on Thursday and searched the Opera House for a "suspicious object", clearing tourists and workers away from the landmark.

Officers also searched the Manly ferry wharf after being told the person responsible for the alleged threats may have been riding a ferry.

Neither search uncovered anything of interest.

Police arrested a 17-year-old boy yesterday morning and charged him with false representation resulting in a police investigation.

He is due to appear in Children's Court on February 23.



Man accused of manufacturing drugs has bail revoked

Premium Content Man accused of manufacturing drugs has bail revoked

The Nimbin man has been charged with supplying and manufacturing a prohibited...

4 men chased teen, stole his car in midnight attack

Premium Content 4 men chased teen, stole his car in midnight attack

Men were dressed in dark clothing, pushed the teenage boy to ground

VIDEO: Up to 20 shots fired in village, police took cover

Premium Content VIDEO: Up to 20 shots fired in village, police took cover

Police said officers, locals came very close to getting hurt