Bureau issues severe thunderstorm warning
THE Bureau of Meteorology has warned a severe thunderstorm may be on the way.
At 3.42pm on November 12 the bureau issued the warning across the Northern Rivers, including the Tweed Shire.
"Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones and damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours," the statement reads.
The bureau added that an updated warning would be issued by 6.45pm.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
- Keep clear of fallen power lines.
- Unplug computers and appliances.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
- Ring the SES on 132 500 for emergency help in floods and storms.
For further details visit bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218.