USUALLY when I make up my mind to do something, I can be quite stubborn in making sure I do go through with my decision. (If you find anyone who knows me, they will agree.)
This year, I decided I really wanted to travel to Paris and surrounds.
It is a dream overseas trip. My first overseas trip.
And I've booked most accommodation and travel as soon as the tickets were available.
But the Paris attacks last week have me nervous.
Should I change my itinerary?
I'm currently booked to spend 15 days in Paris and visit all the art museums I physically can get to in that time.
I have my heart set on seeing The Louvre, Notre Dame, Montmartre, Musée de l'Orangerie and Claude Monet's garden.
I know there has been some calls to not change travel plans and I realise that tourist hotspots were not targeted this time, but I still feel uneasy about travelling to Paris at the moment.
So, I decided to start looking for a Plan B.
I asked some well-travelled friends via Facebook for their opinions on some Plan B ideas and surprisingly, they weren't surprised I was looking at other travel options.
Their understanding of my anxiety over Paris suggests there are others that have planned and booked holidays to the French capital.
It is sad ISIS might win in terms of causing fear among travellers, but as the saying goes 'safety first'.
It is a good thing my trip isn't until July. I think I will reassess my travel plans at the end of January.