Charges add up
A TWEED man has been jailed for two months for a string of offences.
Joshua Mead, 27, had been convicted of destroying or damaging property, recklessly damaging property, having suspected stolen goods in his custody, larceny, possessing a knife in a public place, possessing a prohibited drug and not complying with licence conditions.
On Monday, Mead was sentenced to two months imprisonment, which expired on Friday.
Mead's catalogue of offences
- August 15: Stopped for driving on the wrong side of the road in Bray Park. Police found methylamphetamine and two knives in his car.
- August 23: Mead stole $92.75 worth of fuel from a service station.
- September 13: Found on Kennedy Dr, Banora Point, in a car without registration plates. Registration plates belonging to the RTA were found in the car.
- September 15, Tyalgum: Steals $50 worth of fuel from a vehicle in Tyalgum.
- October 9: Sends a Uki resident threatening messages, before going to his house, smashing a window and damaging a wall.
- October 12: Police find Mead on the side of Tumbulgum Rd, in the driver's seat of a car with smoke coming from the engine. He is arrested by virtue of three outstanding warrants.