Coles extends quiet hours for shoppers in two Tweed stores
MURWILLUMBAH and Banora Point Coles stores will be making shopping easier for customers who find it challenging to shop in loud and bright spaces.
The low-sensory Quiet Hour experience will be rolled out to an additional 56 supermarkets across New South Wales to provide a more inclusive shopping environment for all customers from today.
Quiet Hour will now expand from 20 Coles stores to 76 stores throughout the state every Tuesday between 10:30-11:30am.
Quiet Hour promotes reduced noise, lighting and distractions instore, making it easier for customers who find it challenging to shop in a heightened sensory environment.
Coles State General Manager Reagan Lauder said Coles was rolling out Quiet Hour to more stores across the state based on overwhelmingly positive customer feedback.
"We've listened to our customers and have worked hard to make our stores more welcoming and responsive to the needs of the local communities in which we operate,” she said.
During Quiet Hour, customers will notice the following changes in participating Coles supermarkets:
- Lighting will be reduced throughout the store
- Coles Radio will be switched off
- Register and scanner volumes will be reduced to the lowest level
- No trolley collections and roll cages will be removed from the shop floor
- No PA announcements *excluding in case of emergencies
- Free fruit will be offered at customer service
- Additional team members will be available to support customers during the hour