THE James Bond franchise has kept most of its biggest names in place, with Skyfall director Sam Mendes confirmed as the director of the next James Bond film.
Daniel Craig has also been officially cast as the lead, his fourth time in the role.
The Revolutionary Road director will film the next installment - set for a 2015 release - around theatre commitments. He has spent most of this year concentrating on his musical stage production of Roald Dahl's Charlie And The Chocolate Factory.
Mendes's 007 debut Skyfall, released last year, quickly became the highest-grossing film of all time in the UK.
The unnamed follow-up, the 24th film in the series, is scheduled for UK release on October 23 2015. Screenwriter John Logan, who worked on the most recent film, is also lined up for it.
Producers Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli said in a statement: "Following the extraordinary success of Skyfall, we're really excited to be working once again with Daniel Craig, Sam Mendes and John Logan."
Mendes, who won an Oscar for American Beauty, said: "I am very pleased that by giving me the time I need to honour all my theatre commitments, the producers have made it possible for me to direct Bond 24.
"I very much look forward to taking up the reins again, and to working with Daniel Craig, Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli for a second time."