Diary: Looking for something to do this week?
- TWIN Towns Evening View Club is having its Christmas dinner meeting on Wednesday, December 14 in the Opal Room of Tweed Bowls Club 6.30pm. Please bring a Secret Santa of $5 to $10 value. Also things for our hampers. A great night always. Ring Barbara on 5523 1057 for guest and apologies by 1pm prior on the Monday before. As numbers for catering are essential by then. No meeting in January, AGM in February 2017.
- TWEED Heads Historical Society wish to advise that our last day open for the year is Friday, December 16. We will re-open Tuesday, January 10, 2017. Please note there will be no more Sunday opening until further notice. Open days are Tuesday and Friday 11am to 4 pm NSW. Further enquiries phone 5536 8625 or www.tweedhistory.org.au.
- TWEED Hospital Auxiliary advises that as Christmas Day falls on a Sunday this year, there will be no bingo on that day. We will, however, have a special $500 Christmas game on Sunday, December 18 at 1pm at the Tweed Heads Bowls Club. There will be unlimited calls and the game will be won on the day. Everyone is welcome. Hope to see you there. The sessions will be held on every other Sunday over the holiday period.
- TWEED Hospital Auxiliary's Christmas Raffle Tickets are now on sale at various venues around the Tweed. The tickets are $2 each and will be on sale until Friday, December 16 when the raffle will be drawn. The first prize $500 cash, second prize is a Christmas hamper with a $50 voucher and the third prize is $100 worth of Scratchie tickets. All proceeds from the raffle will go to purchasing necessary equipment for the Tweed Hospital.
- MURWILLUMBAH Xmas Lunch Sponsored by the Murwillumbah SDA Church. Who can come? Anyone who is lonely and needs company on Christmas day. Lunch will be served between noon and 1pm, no charge, in the main Community Centre building in Nullum St, Murwillumbah. Would you want to help? Call Russell and Val on 0429 496 162.
- BANORA Point Community Baptist Church South Tweed Heads. Come and Join us for a family Christmas Day Service, Sunday December 25, 9.00 am. Desires Cafe' and bookshop will be closed from Wednesday December 21 and will re-open on Monday January 9 2017. We wish you all a happy and safe Christmas and New Year and look forward to seeing you again in 2017.
- U3A Twin Towns is now enrolling new and returning members, bank details are on our website. Classes for 2017 include Spanish, Italian, French and French conversation and many others. Special enrolment days are January 17, and 18 2017 when Tutors will be at 4 Boyd Street, Tugun from 10am to 12.30pm (Qld) to provide information on their courses. Classes start week beginning February 6, enquiries 5534 7333.
- UKI branch of Red Cross held their annual Christmas Appeal day on Friday, December 2. The day was a great success raising over $1500. President Pauline would like to thank all who donated money, goods, cakes and preserves, the loyal members and helpers who worked tirelessly throughout the day in the kitchen and served lunches and sweets to all our guests. Pauline also wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and a safe and healthy New Year. Raffle competition winners on the day were; Lesley - Voucher @ Uki Supermarket, Morrie - Voucher @ the Lounge Lizard, Madison - Croquet rug, Re - Water jug and glass set, Anne - Large cook book, Helen - Small cook book, Amulet - Toiletry bag, Mary - Chocolates.
- TWEED Coast U3A Inc was represented when the Tweed Shire 2016 Access & Inclusion Awards were held recently. U3A Tweed Coast Inc was proud to be nominated in the Adult Education and Community sections, and very excited to receive a Certificate of Merit for Adult Education. Members no longer in the workforce full time enjoy learning and taking part in a choice of 40 classes in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We are very lucky to have exceptional class leaders who give their time so generously. This capped off a busy year of activities that saw 130 new members join to learn with friendship and fun. We look forward to exciting new classes and the old favourites in 2017. Visit the website for all information www.tweedcoast. u3anet.org.au/wp or phone Val 0421 686 310.
- FIND your own piece of treasure at The Repsychlers Op Shop at 3 Beryl St, Tweed Heads (behind Ten Pin Bowling). Open Mon-Fri from 9.30am to 4pm and Saturdays 9.30am to 1.30pm. We have a great range of quality furniture, bric a brac, clothes, tools, sporting goods, collectibles etc. Through our social enterprise model we are creating real jobs for people living with a disability or recovering from mental illness. Your donations can be picked up free of charge and we can deliver your purchases if required. We look forward to seeing you soon. Ph 5536 2537 for enquiries.
- U3A Twin Towns is now enrolling new and returning members, bank details are on our website. Classes for 2017 include Spanish, Italian, French and French conversation and many others. Special enrolment days are January 17 and 18, 2017 when tutors will be at 4 Boyd St, Tugun from 10am to 12.30 (Qld) to provide information on their courses. Classes start week beginning February 6. Enquiries 07 5534 7333. U3A is a self-help education movement which caters for people in the third age, and for those who have retired or semi-retired. Classes are held at Tweed Heads, Coolangatta, Tugun and Palm Beach.
- KINGSCLIFF Mixed Probus Club holds its meeting at the Kingscliff Beach and Bowls Club on the first Wednesday of the month at 10 am and outings on the third Wednesday of the month. Visitors are very welcome. Phone Norma on 02 66763360
- TWEED Heads Community men's shed markets are 7am to 1pm every Sunday on the Oval cnr Florence and Recreation St Tweed Heads. Farmers produce, crafts, bric-a-brac and refreshments. All welcome. No prior booking necessary. Ph 0401 018 713
- SINGLE Social Nights 40+. Free events each month. Ph 0412 284 828.
- AL-ANON Family Groups: Is your life affected by someone else's drinking? Al-Anon can help. Banora Point Group meets Monday nights at 7.30 pm [D.S.T.] Cnr Leisure & Woodlands Drives, Salvation Army Hall, external right side door. Enquires & other meeting times 1300 252 666.
- LEARN to Dance with Latin Zone Dance Club, 56 Currumbin Creek Rd Currumbin Waters www.latinzonedance.com.au Le Roc Club Latin /Jive for men and women all ages, beginners welcome! Fun and social, no partner needed, every Monday 7.30pm to 9.30pm ($10). Call Steve 0401 285 514
- VOLUNTARY euthanasia options are discussed at meetings held quarterly on the Gold Coast. Phone Elaine 5580 8215.
- BANORA Point Probis Club meets on the fourth Monday of the month at 10am for 10.15am in the South Tweed Sports Club. A mixed club for retirees and semi-retirees. Visitors and intending new members are welcome at our meetings and social outings. Enquiries phone Bae on 07 5590 9738 or 5590 5919. Google our web site 'Banora Point Probis'.
YOUR EVENT: Please send in your diary entries and photos of your group when possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.