Firefighters attend backyard blaze
A GARDEN hose came to the rescue during a backyard blaze in Tweed Heads West last night.
Tweed Heads Fire and Rescue retained firefighter Martin Dixon said crews were called to the Piggabbeen Rd home about 8.20pm on Tuesday.
“It was just a small backyard fire,” Mr Dixon said.
“It was basically extinguished with a garden hose.”
He said no property was damaged in the fire.
Firefighters were also called to a bushfire on Sextons Hill Dr in Banora Point about 3pm Monday.
Mr Dixon said while this blaze could have been lit by a discarded cigarette, the cause wasn’t certain.
Crews also extinguished a rubbish bin fire on Fraser Dr, Banora Point about 4.30am Sunday.