Five fun things to do on the Tweed this weekend
WE have got you covered with great things to do this weekend. Check out our list of recommendations
1. BIRCH Carroll and Coyle Cinemas Coolangatta will be showing classic Aussie movie The Castle on Sunday and on Monday. This is the story of an eccentric family fighting for their home when the government seizes their property for an airport expansion and it will be great to see it on the big screen again.
2. TYALGUM Hall will on Sunday host its annual Australia Day celebrations in the hall, Recreation Reserve and Coolman St, including cycle races organised by Murwillumbah Cycle Club. For more information please contact Bruce Bartrim on 02 6679 3569.
3. CELEBRATE Australia Day at Tumbulgum starting with sausage sizzle breakfast (8am to 8.50am) and a presentation of local awards to adults and children by Tweed Shire Australia Day Ambassador Matt Abood. Fun activities for adults and children from 10am include cricket and tennis, Tumbulgum memorabilia display with limited Hall Centenary Souvenirs on sale upstairs in clubhouse. This is a non alcohol, family event.
4. TWEED Coast South Lions in conjunction with Pottsville Beach Sports Club are having a Family Fun and Games Afternoon from 1pm on the grassed area at the rear of the Sports Club. Come along and join in the thong-throwing, colouring-in comp, golf putting, best Aussie hat, free Aussie sausage sizzle, damper and golden syrup ice-cream eating competition and much more.
5. ALSO on this Australia Day you will find Tweed Heads' Chris Cunningham Park will be the location for a number of special community events featuring a range of activities for kids of all ages while the Lions Park at Marine Pde in Kingscliff will host the annual Kingscliff Lions Club Australia Day Aussie Breakfast and flag raising ceremony.