Five fun things to do on the Tweed this weekend
HERE'S five fun things to do in Tweed this weekend:
1. REVS and Rockabilly is on Saturday and Sunday. This newevent is a must attend for rockabilly fans for as well as providing car enthusiast with the chance to show off their cars, dance fans can enjoy some great rockabilly music. So grab your dance kit and hit the floor with The Zephyr Project supported by DJ Jimmy D, arguably rockabilly's best DJ. Keep your dancing shoes handy for Sunday and be entertained with Warren Earl Band and Skooterz with support from DJ Rhythm Man Mark O'Brien. More info coolyrockson.com.au.
2. AT Twin Towns Showroom on Saturday be entertained by The Searchers. This band has contributed enormously to the British music industry over the past 50 years with hits such as "Sweets For My Sweets", "Love Potion Number 9", "Don't Throw Your Love Away", "Needles and Pins" and many, many more. Show starts at 9pm DST so grab an early dinner at one of the many dining options. More info twintowns.com.au
3. ALLEGRO Trio on Sunday and will present Bravo Brahms featuring classics by Hummel, Bruch, Brahms, Mozart and more. Allegro Trio is Vicky Hong on piano, Hugh Won on violin and Shaohua Chen-Merrett on cello. This event is to be held at the Tweed Heads Civic Centre, Brett St, Tweed Heads. More info and ticket, allegrotrio.com.au or phone 0431 836 125.
4. GRAB the family and head to Epic Skate for some hours of entertainment and laughs. For those who would like to spend more time on their feet, there are learn to skate classes from 9.30-10.30am every Saturday morning then you can put your newly taught skills to the test for the rest of the day at the family day skate which is on from 10.30am-7pm on Saturdays. Epic Skate is situated in Enterprise Ave, Tweed Heads South, and can be contacted on 07 5523 9660.
5. WITNESS Australia's best sand sculptors in action as they compete in the third annual Australian Sand Sculpting Championships at Surfers Paradise Foreshore this weekend. Ten professional sculptors will mould and carve over 180 tons of sand into fantastic, crowd-pleasing works of art as they deliver their interpretation of the main theme, Myths, Legends and Fairy Tales. Learn the ropes at beachfront sand sculpting workshops or get creative with sand art and sand bottle making. Guests can also take part in voting for the People's Choice Awards. More info, surfersparadise.com.