Fresh idea for farmers' markets
CELEBRATED chefs Jonathan Dryhurst Evans, Julian Conners and Lauren Mckellar made an appearance at the Caldera Farmers' Markets yesterday and gave attendees an experience in fresh cuisine.
The trio from Mavis's Kitchen visited the Murwillumbah Showground and proved the town is the ultimate destination for fresh and affordable produce.
Market organisers said they focus on fresh local produce grown and sourced within a 50km radius of the Murwillumbah area.
The markets also offer a unique opportunity for residents and visitors to chat face-to-face with the growers and producers.
During yesterday's event the guest chefs showed market-goers how to prepare a haloumi nicoise salad, which they billed as a delicious summer salad which is both easy to prepare and full of flavour.
The farmers' market is among a range of initiatives being rolled out by the Caldera Institute in conjunction with Industry and Investment NSW, Tweed Shire Council and Destination Tweed.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Caldera Farmers' Markets are held every Wednesday from 7-11am (NSW).
- The event is held at the Murwillumbah Showground.
- Market-goers are invited to see the passion and energy that goes into producing and growing such wonderful fresh foods your produce is grown.
- Parking is provided on-site.
- Chefs make regular appearances.