Fuel spill fire destroys shed

A MAN was treated for minor burns after trying to rescue a motorcycle from a shed fire on Tuesday night.

Firefighters, ambulance and police attended the scene after the fire broke out at a residence in Nunderi, south of Condong, about 11pm.

Sergeant Brad Stewart of Tweed/Byron police said two men were working on motorcycles in a large shed on the property.

He said the fire started after fuel spilt from one of the bikes and ran into an electrical appliance, causing it to ignite.

“One male suffered minor burns to his arm after trying to save one of the motorbikes,” Sgt Stewart said.

“The fire was well alight when firefighters got there and I believe the shed was destroyed.”

It is understood motorbikes, a ride-on mower, tools and gardening equipment were lost in the blaze.

Murwillumbah fire captain Greg Hayes said the fire did not appear suspicious.



Top chef to open restaurant at Pottsville

Top chef to open restaurant at Pottsville

Pottsville venture to have community at its heart

Two in custody after little girl's body found on beach

Two in custody after little girl's body found on beach

Police and paramedics called to attend infant who was unresponsive

What not to do with a sea snake

What not to do with a sea snake

Farmer handles highly venomous sea snake on Fraser Island holiday

Local Partners