Going bananas for festival cup
NOMINATIONS for the Murwillumbah Netball Association Banana Festival Cup close this Friday.
President Beth Matsuto is pleased with the response, and with the great weather we are enjoying a the moment is looking forward to the event on Sunday, August 16.
Murwillumbah held its general meeting last Thursday, which covered a number of matters including the following:
• The next meeting will be held on August 27 and a reminder that each team must send a non-executive representative to the meetings from now on. Failure to do so could result in a fine being passed on to the team. With each team rostering on one parent for each meeting it would mean that most parents would only need to attend one meeting a year.
The association believes attendance it is a good way for all teams to be kept well informed as to its running.
• August 22: Banana Festival Parade. If any kids would like to enter the street parade and hand out information on MNA please notify the office so that we can book a berth and have fun. All participants will be required to wear full netball uniforms.
• August 23: Umpire and coaching clinic hosted by Vicki Wilson (2009 Firebirds coach and former Australian player) and Deb Seiler (Netball Qld umpire educator) as well as Robyn Richards (Golden South Academy umpire)
• September 19: Grand finals and presentation night.
• • •
RESULTS for Murwillumbah netball this week were:
11/12: Girl Zone forfeited to Super Stars (the teams enjoyed a “friendly” game); Hot Shots 19 d Bogangar 9;
Intermediate: Spice Girls 33 d Get Smart Goal Getter 13; Southern Cross Stars 37 d Cabba Crew 10;
Open: Cougars 49 d Ladybeetles 26; Tigers 48 d Newbies (P.A = S. Thomson) 12; Waratahs 35 d Flamin Devils 20;
Players' awards this week went to Kelsey Noble; Celeste Mills; Hannah Sheehan; Rhianna Pateman; Erin Ganser; Chelsea Aston; Tanya Milne; Mel McGregor; Melissa Wyness; S Thomson; Leeann Ahu and Simone Boyle.
• • •
NOMINATIONS for rep coaching positions at the Tweed Association have now closed and president Jo Watters was both pleased and excited with the number of nominations received.
All players wishing to nominate for the 2010 rep season please note the following dates:
• August 19 - 12s and 13s age from 4.30 to 6.30pm;
• August 26 - 14s through to 17s from 4.30 to 6.30pm (age - turning age as at 31/12/2010).
The Opens trials will be held in January and the date will be advised shortly.
Nomination forms can be collected from the office on Saturdays or from the web. Please lodge nomination forms prior to the trial dates.
• • •
TWEED Netball is searching for anyone who may still have past rep uniforms for the Tweed Association from years back.
Reminder that the Tweed AGM will be held on August 12 from 7.30pm at the clubhouse. Nominations for executive positions can be downloaded from the website.
• • •
DON'T forget the next home game for Tier 1 and Tier 2 Golden South Jaguars will be played at Runaway Bay on Sunday, August 9 so go along and support the Jags.