Caboolture child's septic shock death sparks warning

PARENTS are being urged to know the signs of Group A Streptococcal disease after a four-year-old Caboolture child died from septic shock in Brisbane on Sunday.

The little boy from overwhelming septic shock in the Mater Hospital after the disease rapidly took hold of his body.

Members of the boy's family have been offered precautionary antibiotics and the childcare centre he attended has been notified, although the risk to other children at the centre is considered very small.

The boy's death is the third from Group A Streptococcal disease in Brisbane this month, after two men aged in their nineties died of the bacterial infection in the Greenslopes Private Hospital's rehabilitation unit.

The A Streptococcal bacteria are often found in the throat and on the skin and can cause minor symptoms such as a sore throat.

More on this story at Brisbanetimes.com.au
 



Labor hits back at Nationals over Mur'bah courthouse

Labor hits back at Nationals over Mur'bah courthouse

Candidate demands the Nationals make their intentions clear.

Meet Tweed's 'empowered' Miss Supercars finalists

Meet Tweed's 'empowered' Miss Supercars finalists

Local duo excited by revamped pageant at Gold Coast 600.

John Howard's advice on dealing with stress

John Howard's advice on dealing with stress

Former PM gives stress tips to Tweed police officers.

Local Partners