Halcyon named best regional hotel in Australia
HALCYON House at Cabarita has been named the best regional hotel in Australia at a glittering awards ceremony in Sydney tonight.
The exclusive establishment, opened in 2014, was also recognised as the hotel with the best service in the country at the third annual Gourmet Traveller Australian Hotel Guide Awards, presented by television personality Chris Bath.
Editor in chief of Australian Gourmet Traveller Anthea Loucas Bosha congratulated the establishment on its award, featured in Australia’s only national hotel guide.
“It’s so gratifying to see, three years after launching our guide, that Australia’s hotel industry is experiencing such a resurgence,” she said.
“No fewer than 11 of our top 50 hotels are new entries for 2016.”
The awards are decided by Gourmet Traveller’s reviewing team after they stayed anonymously at the country’s top hotels.
2016 GOURMET TRAVELLER AUSTRALIAN HOTEL GUIDE AWARD WINNERS:
- Hotel of the Year: Como The Treasury, Perth, WA
- New Hotel of the Year: Como The Treasury, Perth, WA
- Large Hotel of the Year: Crown Towers, Melbourne, Vic
- Boutique Hotel of the Year: The Old Clare Hotel, Sydney, NSW
- Regional Hotel of the Year: Halcyon House, Cabarita Beach, NSW
- Best Service: Halcyon House, Cabarita Beach, NSW
- Best Breakfast: Grand Hyatt Melbourne, Vic
- Best Pool: Crown Metropol, Melbourne, Vic
- Best Bar: Hotel Palisade, Sydney, NSW
- Best Club Sandwich: QT Sydney, NSW
- Best Minibar: QT Hotels & Resorts