Headphones took off with a bang

A WOMAN on a Melbourne-bound flight has suffered burns after the battery-operated headphones she was wearing exploded and caught fire. The passenger was listening to music and napping on a recent flight from Beijing to Melbourne when about two hours into the journey the headphones caught fire and an apparent explosion jolted her from her slumber. The Australian Transport Safety Bureau has not disclosed the name of the woman but has released images of her injuries to highlight the issue of lithium batteries on flights.



Jail sentence for man after bankruptcy debacle

Premium Content Jail sentence for man after bankruptcy debacle

Bankrupt housing company owner back before courts

PHOTOS: The day a prince came to town

Premium Content PHOTOS: The day a prince came to town

In 1954, a young queen was accompanied by husband Prince Phillip on a tour of the...

'Heartbroken': Puppy owner devastated by brazen theft

Premium Content 'Heartbroken': Puppy owner devastated by brazen theft

First-time breeder awoke to find four of her pedigree puppies worth $2500 each had...