JOSHUA Lynam, the only surviving victim of an apparent alcohol poisoning incident at Ballandean, has been discharged from hospital and is recovering with his family.
Joshua's father Bill said Joshua was shocked and fragile after the incident, but his eyesight seems to be alright and he is no longer in danger.
Joshua's brother, Joel, died of apparent poisoning on the Sunday morning a week ago.
In a statement released by the family, Mr Lynam said it had been a terrible few days.
"We're just thankful that Joshua is going to be okay," he said.
"We would like the media to respect our privacy. People can probably understand that we are grieving about the loss of Joel and his and Joshua's friends Bryan Wilmot and Vincent Summers."
It is not yet certain what was present in liquor that the four consumed on the Saturday afternoon.
Bill and Joshua are co-operating with the police investigation.
Mr Lynam said the four had been celebrating a friend's birthday at a waterhole on the property.
They had taken with them two litres of homebrew liquor.
One of the victims, Bryan Wilmot, apparently became ill during the afternoon and he went home with a female friend.
Unbeknownst to Bill or the other men, Bryan's condition worsened and his friends took him to Stanthorpe Hospital for treatment.
Later that day the other three began to feel ill and went to bed.
About 3am Bill awoke to sounds and movement in the house and found his sons Joel and Joshua unwell.
He and Joshua then checked on Vincent who also ill.
Bill said that when they checked again on Joel a few minutes later he had stopped breathing.
He dialled triple-zero to call for an ambulance.
While the ambulance was on its way, under an officer's instruction over the phone, Bill administered CPR to his son.
Joshua managed to find a mask used for mouth-to-mouth resuscitation that he and his brother had through their membership of the local volunteer St John's Ambulance Brigade.
Bill administered mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to Joel.
However, these efforts failed to get Joel breathing and, when the ambulance arrived, they were also unable to revive him.
Police were called and arrived at around daylight.
When it became apparent that the condition of both Joshua and Vincent was deteriorating, the police recalled the ambulance, which came quickly and evacuated them to hospital where they were treated for poisoning.
They were later airlifted to the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane.
Bryan Wilmot died in the Princess Alexandra hospital on Monday June 10 and Vincent Summers lost his fight for life on the Tuesday evening.