Horror explosion at Christmas lunch

A FAMILY'S Christmas lunch has been marred by a horror explosion that burned the face, arms and legs of a 62-year-old man from Shell Cove, near Wollongong as he attempted to cook lunch.

Police and emergency services rushed to his home at 9.30am on Christmas Day after reports of a gas explosion.

He was airlifted to Concord Hospital for treatment by the specialist burns unit.

Authorities are now looking into claims the gas bottle may not have been properly connected to the barbecue.

>>Woman stabbed on her way to midnight mass



Gimme shelter: Top musos come together for Tweed homeless

Gimme shelter: Top musos come together for Tweed homeless

Moo Oz Fest aims to raise big bucks for homelessness services.

'What they are doing to these people is just wrong'

'What they are doing to these people is just wrong'

French couple to be booted from Australia over visa issues.

Drought relief concert raises over $3,000

Drought relief concert raises over $3,000

Mur'bah community pulls together for drought-affected farmers.

Local Partners