Investigation into crash which killed Mur’bah woman

AN investigation into the death of a Murwillumbah woman who lay in her car for five hours following a crash is expected to take several months.

Police have confirmed the woman's identity as 28-year-old Harlie Denny-O'Rourke.

Tweed-Byron duty officer Inspector Darren Steel said the coroner had asked for a toxicology report and samples would be sent away.

"Police are conducting a toxicology report," Insp Steel said. "We've got to send the blood to Sydney."

Insp said it was unknown whether Ms Denny-O'Rourke had died on impact.

She was found in a badly damaged Subaru station wagon about 7.25am on Sunday, at Coolamon Scenic Dr, Coorabell. It is believed the crash occurred at 2.40am.

Police said the car appeared to have left the road on a sweeping bend, colliding with a tree.

A Rural Fire Services spokesman said the car was found off the road on an embankment. Brunswick Valley Volunteer Rescue Association arrived on the scene and extracted Ms Denny-O'Rourke from the car.

A NSW Ambulance spokesman said it appeared Ms Denny-O'Rourke, who was the sole occupant of the car, had been dead for several hours when ambulance officers arrived.

Zoe Dennstein, who listed Ms Denny-O'Rourke as her sister on Facebook, shared a link on an initial report into the crash on her Facebook page on Wednesday.

Two of her Facebook friends responded to the tragic news.

"So sad for her children. RIP Harlie," Natalie O'Brien said.

"Love and more love, big hugs sister," Rachel Malone said.

Kings Forest still preparing for Tweed Valley Hospital

Kings Forest still preparing for Tweed Valley Hospital

The developer says the site will be ready by the next election.

Bowls results

Bowls results

Check out all the latest action from across the greens in the Tweed.

Sweet potatoes here to stay as police hunt for vandals

Sweet potatoes here to stay as police hunt for vandals

Cars reportedly damaged by sweet potatoes being thrown at them.

Local Partners