Bligh promises $23.3m flood plan
QUEENSLAND Premier Anna Bligh has today announced a bold $23.3 million flood mitigation plan for Toowoomba's CBD.
Ms Bligh announced that the State Government would partner with Toowoomba Regional Council to urgently deliver the $3 million Clewley Park detention basin.
She said a new Labor Government would then over the next five years partner with the Federal Government to jointly fund a series of projects that would protect the Toowoomba CBD from a 1-in-100-year flood.
Those projects include:
- Ballin Drive detention basin (East Creek) - $3.5 million
- Garnett Lehmann Park detention basin (East Creek) - $3.6 million
- Channel works between James and Herries Sts (West Creek) - $1.7 million
- Channel works from James St to Creek St (incorporating Mary and Horton Sts) - $6.7 million
- O'Quinn St detention basins in the Goggs St catchment - $3 million