Toddler burnt in battery acid spill

A CHILD has been transported to hospital after sitting in battery acid.

Emergency services responded to the incident about 8am this morning on Helen St, Pittsworth.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesperson said a roadworks sign had upended in a trailer where there were batteries, and the acid leaked out into the gutter.

A 14-month old boy is believed to have sat in the acid, sustaining minor injuries.

He was transported to Toowoomba Hospital.

 



Celebrities line up to help raise funds at Kids in Need gala

Celebrities line up to help raise funds at Kids in Need gala

Don't miss out on this star-studded event

Three arrested after dramatic police pursuit at Tweed Heads

Three arrested after dramatic police pursuit at Tweed Heads

Two men and a woman are in custody after they crashed a stolen car.

'Horrible' scene confronted police after alleged murder

'Horrible' scene confronted police after alleged murder

Alleged attacker was taken to hospital with injuries

Local Partners