Man who took baby hostage in Kingston now in custody
UPDATE: POLICE have confirmed the man involved a hostage situation in Kingston is in custody.
QPS announced on Twitter the "matter has now been resolved" and the three-week-old has been taken to hospital for observation.
There were earlier reports that the man had been shot in the back with rubber bullets.
Acting Inspector Stewart Day briefed the media at the scene of a disturbance in Kingston.
He said police were called to the address this morning where a male person had caused a disturbance.
"As a result of police attending, a male person has barricaded himself inside a bedroom with a three-week-old baby."
He said they are still investigating but the incident may be in relation to a domestic situation.
The man did not reside at the home and was not related to the child.
EARLIER: A MAN believed to be armed with a knife has taken a baby hostage and is refusing to come out of a home in the Logan City suburb of Kingston.
Police were called to the Barossa Street address following reports of a disturbance between a man and woman around 5am on Thursday morning.
Police cordons are in place and negotiators are on scene.
The man, believed to be aged in his 40s, is known to the woman. The woman is currently speaking with police.
A short time ago, a Special Emergency Response Team arrived on the scene. Army officers were also seen on site.
Nine News reported the police response team had moved into the home.