Man faces torture, rape, stalking, animal cruelty charges
POLICE investigating a series of incidents spanning the last 15 years have charged a man and are appealing for information to further the investigation.
A 55-year-old Leyburn man has been charged with:
- 12 counts of torture
- four counts of rape
- two counts of stalking
- 10 counts of assault occasioning bodily harm
- 16 counts of assault occasioning bodily harm while armed
- five counts of common assault
- four counts of domestic violence
- three counts of animal cruelty
- one count each of wilful damage, deprivation of liberty, entering premises, fraud, unlawful use of a motor vehicle, injuring animals.
"We are asking anyone who may have further information which could assist with this investigation to contact us," Detective Inspector Dave Isherwood said.
The man is in custody and is due to appear in court on November 12.
Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.