‘Petrol on flame’ leads to serious burns

A MAN is in hospital after sustaining serious burns at a residence at Bli Bli, north of Mooloolaba.

The man was believed to have received the injuries after throwing petrol on an open flame.

Paramedics were called to a private residence about 3.20pm and took the 37-year-old under lights and sirens to Sunshine Coast University Hospital.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the man was in a serious condition.



'Heads up alert': SES issues wild weather warning

'Heads up alert': SES issues wild weather warning

Northern Rivers volunteers are on standby

Cyclone Owen to wreak havoc with up to 400mm of rain

Cyclone Owen to wreak havoc with up to 400mm of rain

Residents warned to take action as destructive winds bear down.

Young mum charged after baby washed up on beach

Young mum charged after baby washed up on beach

Police will argue she failed to protect her child from danger

Local Partners