Man's eyes burned in bin explosion

AN 18-year-old has been rushed to hospital with severe chemical burns to his eyes after a bottle exploded in his wheelie bin in North Rockhampton last night.

The man was emptying rubbish into the bin around 8pm at the front of his Plahn Street home.

When he opened the bin lid he spotted a bottle containing liquid.

When he moved the bottle it exploded causing chemical burns to his eyes, a deep laceration to one hand and a broken wrist on the other hand.

He was rushed to Rockhampton Hospital for surgery.

Police are investigating.


Check out this week's Tweed Link

Check out this week's Tweed Link

Find out what's on council's agenda

Labor promises to rollout protection plan for aged care

Labor promises to rollout protection plan for aged care

NSW Labor will establish an ombudsman service for aged care

Tweed Foodie Fest gets ready to serve up some delicacies

Tweed Foodie Fest gets ready to serve up some delicacies

The Tweed Food Fest returning this December

Local Partners