Mattress fire sparks evacuation

TWEED Heads firefighters were called to a burning mattress in an Enid Street building early this morning.

Fifteen people were evacuated from the building and no one was injured in the 1am incident.

Residents were later allowed to re-enter the building after it had been deemed safe by the Tweed Heads Fire Station officer.

Firefighters used a gas detection instrument to ensure there were no contaminants in the building.

It is unknown how the fire started.
 



'100 years of waste': quarry extends landfill's life

'100 years of waste': quarry extends landfill's life

Tweed's waste management is tip top

Rain coming our way, finally

Rain coming our way, finally

Bureau of Meteorology forecasts rain for the end of the week

Land swap deal to help flood-prone businesses

Land swap deal to help flood-prone businesses

Council buys land to create new flood-free industrial hub

Local Partners