A SECURITY guard at The Tweed Hospital alerted the fire brigade when he saw smoke coming from a generator just after 2am yesterday.
A North Coast Area Health Service spokeswoman yesterday said the incident was “minor” and that there was no actual fire, just smoke.
No one was evacuated from the hospital, on Powell Street, but fire crews from Tweed Heads and police attended the scene.
“Emergency crews responded after a security officer found smoke emitting from a generator in an engineer's room,” Inspector Darren Steel of Tweed Police said.
“It appears to have been an electrical fault. Minor damage was contained to the room.”