Police divers located the body of the missing woman not far from where the boat was moored.
Police divers located the body of the missing woman not far from where the boat was moored. Tweed Daily News/Craig Sadler

Missing woman's body located

AN extensive search for missing pregnant woman Parshila Wilson ended in tragedy when police divers located a body in the Tweed River yesterday.

Ms Wilson, 37, was last seen leaving her boat, the Charisma, which was moored at the Ivory Coast Marina on Saturday night.

In a sad end to a two-day search, police divers from Sydney located the body not far from the Charisma about 11.30am.

The body was yet to be formally identified yesterday, but mystery still surrounds Ms Wilson's dis- appearance.

Police would not confirm whether they are treating the death as suspicious, but are asking anyone who has information to come forward.

Officers reportedly found a number of items, including a silver slip-on shoe and a set of keys believed to belong to Ms Wilson, in the water early yesterday.

“We've got a fair bit of evidence in relation to this issue,” head of Tweed/Byron Police, Superintendent Michael Kenny, said.

“We're looking at all issues in relation to the circumstances surrounding this death.”

Ms Wilson, who was six months pregnant, lived on the Gold Coast with her defacto partner and their three-year-old daughter.

It is understood the family regularly moored their boat at the Tweed Heads marina and were well-known to staff at the Ivory Tavern.

Ms Wilson, who could not swim, was last seen by her partner as she left the vessel to use toilet facilities at the front of the hotel about 11.30pm on Saturday.

Police believe she left the marina through a security gate leading to a car park area, while her partner remained on the boat with their daughter.

CCTV footage has been retrieved from the hotel, where Ms Wilson and her partner had been earlier that night.

Inspector Jim Kain of Tweed/Byron Police said police did not believe Ms Wilson had been drinking when she went missing. He said her family were “very distraught” yesterday.

The female body pulled from the river will undergo an autopsy and police are preparing a report for the coroner, Supt Kenny said.

He said the body was located “only a matter of metres underwater” from where Ms Wilson is believed to have entered the water.

Supt Kenny described the situation as “tragic” and said officers felt for the woman's family.

“This would be a horrendous time for the family and our thoughts and prayers go out to the family,” Supt Kenny said.

General manager of the Ivory Tavern, Michael Harris, appeared distressed when speaking to the media yesterday. He said Ms Wilson and her partner were well-known at the tavern and said it was a “very sad” situation.

Ms Wilson is described as being of Indian descent, 170cm tall, with a medium build, a dark complexion and black hair.

She was last seen wearing grey tracksuit pants, a black top and silver shoes.

Anyone who saw her near the Ivory Tavern on Saturday night or since is asked to contact Tweed Heads Police (07) 5536 0999 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Mayor's plea for Tweed

Mayor's plea for Tweed

Mayoral message from Cr Katie Milne

Why not do a long lunch on Sunday?

Why not do a long lunch on Sunday?

Fins at Plantation House is open for Sunday lunch

Terror as sharks circle stranded fishermen

Terror as sharks circle stranded fishermen

Footage has been released of the stomach-churning moment.

Local Partners