Murwillumbah man safe after Paris bombings
MURWILLUMBAH man Mitchell Nelson was in Paris the night of Friday's devastating terror attacks which killed 129 people.
Mr Nelson, who has been travelling Europe, returned from an evening out just 20 minutes before the first bombing, at Stade de France.
"I was out earlier in the night having a drink at Jaurès but I came home at 9pm to meet my friends who I am staying with," he said.
"My friend didn't get home from work until after midnight.
"That was a little frightening."
Since the bombings, Mr Nelson said he and his friends had avoided going out too much.
"We've all tried to stay in as much as possible," he said.
"The shops seem open for the most part, people are out doing their regular things, having coffee on the corner cafe...there just aren't as many of them as usual.
"It's much quieter."
Mr Nelson planned to leave Paris for Barcelona later this week.
Planning a trip overseas? To log your travel plans with the Australian Government or to access updated travel advice for countries where attacks have occurred, visit smartraveller.gov.au.