Man denies Daniel 'thrill kill'
A MAN known as P2 has denied being involved in "a thrill kill" related to Daniel Morcombe's disappearance.
The man said people who had implicated him in the 13-year-old's abduction from the Nambour Connection Road were motivated by the million dollar reward money.
Craig Chowdhury, counsel assisting the coroner during the boy's inquest, suggested P2 was in the car with P1 when they picked up Daniel on December 7, 2003.
"That's not true sir," he said.
"He was using me as a scapegoat to get the reward but he would need some proof."
Mr Chowdhury questioned him about other allegations against P2 and he denied all of them.
"You must be an unfortunate bloke with all these people making up lies about you?" he said.
"Yeah, I've been thinking about that," P2 said.
"There's been a lot of people try to implicate me or make me look like I have involvement or something.
"They all seem to be related to my ex-girlfriend or family."
P2 had a blue Nissan Pintara with NSW plates, similiar to a car seen near the site of Daniel's abduction.
The court today heard people have told police P2 picked up the boy to give him a lift because he had missed a bus but he died when they gave him heroin.
P2 denied this. He denied other claims he disposed of a blue car in NSW and that he had been bragging about being involved in "a thrill kill".
He said his brother's accusations P2 was involved did not surprise him.
"He was trying to set me up," he said.
"He's used my name numerous times with police when he's been to doing crimes, using my identity.
"He shot me in the hand when I was nine years old."
His testimony continues.