Pair die from heater fumes in campsite cabin

A SYDNEY couple has died from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in the New South Wales Blue Mountains.

Emergency services were called to a campsite cabin on Browns Rd at Kurrajong on Monday just before 8.30am where they discovered the bodies of a man and a woman.

The couple are believed to be in their 30s.

Initial reports suggested there was no ventilation in the cabin and a type of fuel, possibly charcoal or woodchips, was still burning inside at the time.

Authorities are understood to be investigating whether the pair may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

- APN NEWSDESK.



Uber driver’s jaw, nose, ribs broken after hurry demand

Premium Content Uber driver’s jaw, nose, ribs broken after hurry demand

“You are only an Uber driver, you do what you are told”

‘It sounded like someone was being murdered’

Premium Content ‘It sounded like someone was being murdered’

Irish backpackers' complaints soon took on a more sinister tone