Petrol prices set to soar in coming days
PETROL prices across the Tweed and Southern Gold Coast are set to reach near-record levels over the next few days.
"It was quite a gradual increase towards the hike but then on Monday we saw a significant jump and we're approaching the peak of the cycle now," RACQ spokeswoman Niki Kormendy told the Gold Coast Bulletin.
"You are better off to hold off from filling up because prices will stay high for a few days and then drop off very slowly."
Drivers hoping to take a chunk out of expensive tank refills with shopper dockets will be disappointed to hear they were capped at 4c a litre following December's Australian Competition and Consumer Commission decision.
Here are some recent unleaded petrol fuel prices from around the Tweed and Southern Gold Coast:
- Coles Express Tweed Heads South, 71 Minjungbal Drive, Tweed Heads South (2/1/14 at 12am)- 148.9
- Caltex Tweed Heads West, 96-98 Kennedy Drive, Tweed Heads (2/1/14 at 6.25am)- 165.9
- 7 Eleven Tweed Heads, South Minjungbal Drive, Tweed Heads South (2/1/14 at 5am)- 165.9
- Matilda Tugun, 502 Gold Coast Highway, Tugun (2/1/14 at 4.30am)- 165.9
- Coles Express Tweed Heads, Wharf St & Frances St, Tweed Heads (2/1/14 at 12am)- 165.9
- Coles Express Tugun, Gold Coast Hwy & Toolona St, Tugun (2/1/14 at 12am)- 165.9